Sandwiches shaped with Cookie Cutters
Sandwiches Shaped with Cookie Cutters
Don’t put away those Holiday Cookie Cutters just yet! You can use them to make delicious finger sandwiches perfect for appetizers, tea sandwiches, even French toast Christmas morning.
All you need is your cookie cutters and some fresh bread. Cut the bread slices into shapes using the cookie cutters then put your favorite sandwich spreads in between. Here are some spread ideas:
- Tuna/Ham/Egg salad
- Brie with diced cranberries
- Disney World’s Gorgonzola Cheese Spread (recipe below)….NOTE to JOSE … instead of giving the recipe put “email us below for the recipe”
- Cream Cheese with Chives
- Peanutbutter & Jelly
Disney World’s Gorgonzola Cheese Spread
8 Slices Marble Rye Bread
Gorgonzola Cheese Spread
6 ½ ounces Gorgonzola Cheese
9 ½ ounces Cream Cheese
3 Spinach Leaves
2 Pears, peeled and cores removed
3 cups Burgundy Wine
4 ounces Sugar
• In a food processor, combine Gorgonzola Cheese and Cream Cheese together and blend.
• Fold Spinach Leaves into the cheese mixture.
• In a pot, combine Burgundy Wine & Sugar and bring to a boil.
• Add pears & cook for 5 minutes.
• Remove and let cool in liquid.
• Spread Gorgonzola Cheese Spread on both sides of the bread.
• Shingle the thin slices of pear over the bread.
• Top the pears with another slice of bread and remove the crusts.
• Cut sandwiches into triangles.